Advisor’s Guide – CDC 2022
***2022 CDC: Each student may register for 1 individual event and 1 team event.***
In the event the student advances to ICDC in more than one event, he or she will ONLY be allowed to enter one event at ICDC. All ICDC and DECA Inc. policies regarding competitive events will apply at the state level, with the exception of the number of events a student may enter.
Chapters may have a maximum of 3 entries in each event.
As an integral part of the classroom curriculum, DECA’s industry-validated competitive events are aligned with the national curriculum standards in the career clusters of marketing, business management and administration, finance and hospitality and tourism. DECA’s flagship evaluation process involves students in both a written component such as an exam or report and an interactive component with an industry professional serving as a judge. DECA’s competitive events directly contribute to all students being college and career ready when they graduate from high school.
- Business Management & Administration
- Personal Financial Literacy
REGISTER COMPETITORS: January 5th – January 14th
Registration opens at 7:00 AM on 1/5/22 and closes at 11:59 PM on 1/14/22
- Register a Voting Delegate: Two students from each chapter can serve as voting delegates at the business meeting on February 16th – we will vote for Council 80
TESTING WINDOW: January 17th – January 28th
• Testing is available from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, daily – no weekends
• Advisors will need to provide testing liaisons with:
- Link to testing site
- Username and Password for testing site
Options for distributing student information:
– Print testing tickets
– Mail merge & email testing credentials
*2022 CDC: Advisors may not administer tests this year!***
Register your liaison here: Testing Liaison