Advisor’s Guide – Virtual CDC 2021
***NEW 2021 Exception: Each student may register for (2) two individual events and (1) team event.***
In the event the student advances to ICDC in more than one event, he or she will ONLY be allowed to enter one event at ICDC. All ICDC and DECA Inc. policies regarding competitive events will apply at the state level, with the exception of the number of events a student may enter.
Chapters may have a maximum of 3 entries in each event.
As an integral part of the classroom curriculum, DECA’s industry-validated competitive events are aligned with the national curriculum standards in the career clusters of marketing, business management and administration, finance and hospitality and tourism. DECA’s flagship evaluation process involves students in both a written component such as an exam or report and an interactive component with an industry professional serving as a judge. DECA’s competitive events directly contribute to all students being college and career ready when they graduate from high school.
- Business Management & Administration
- Personal Financial Literacy
REGISTER COMPETITORS: January 4th – January 14th
Registration opens at 7:00 AM on 1/4/21 and closes at 11:00 PM on 1/14/21
- Register a Voting Delegate: Two students from each chapter can serve as voting delegates at the LIVE business meeting on February 10th – we will vote for Council 79 and on proposed bylaw amendments.
- Team events will require a “Team Captain” to be designated in the registration system. The Team Captain will take lead on viewing case studies and any necessary submissions.
ROLE PLAY & CASE STUDY SCENARIOS VIEWING WINDOW
Role Play & Case Study Scenarios are accessible from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM CT, daily from January 25 – February 2, 2021
Advisors will need to provide students with:
– Link to site with their scenario
– Password for competitive event site
Students will log into their event, read over their case study, and prepare & record their solution. Once the scenario is viewed by the student(s) and the timer starts it will not be able to be accessed again.
- Students should then upload their video to either YouTube or Vimeo and submit the link to their advisor
- Advisors should set a deadline for students to submit links to them prior to the submission deadline
COMPETITION SUBMISSION: January 25 – February 2, 2021
• Submission site will be open at 8:00 AM on January 25th and will close at 12:00 PM (noon) on February 2nd
• Advisors submit video links and written papers to submission site
TESTING WINDOW: January 18th – January 29th
• Testing is available from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, daily – no weekends
• Advisors will need to provide students with:
- Link to testing site
- Username and Password for testing site
Options for distributing student information:
– Print testing tickets
– Mail merge & email testing credentials