Dress code violations are a serious offense and create an unfair environment for students who have followed the dress code. Conference participants not following the official dress code may be banned from the conference until accepted attire is secured. It is the responsibility of the chapter advisor to see that students comply with the rules established for proper dress.
Please have conversations with your students about appropriate dress and screen students before leaving for conference. The best way to prevent dress code issues is to know the dress code policy, have conversations about the dress code, and have a dress code check prior to the conference. Remember, you and your students are representatives of the school, community, BPA, DECA, and CareerTech.
Dress code for Fall Leadership Conference is as follows:
Casual slacks (e.g. Dockers), blouse or shirt and casual shoes.
- Jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes are allowable.
- Shorts at or below the knee are acceptable.
Students may participate in team-building activities and appropriate clothing should be considered.
UNACCEPTABLE DURING CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES
- Skin-tight or revealing clothing
- Mini-skirts, or skirts and dresses which are of an inappropriate length
- Midriff-baring clothing
- Clothing with printing that is suggestive, obscene or promotions illegal substances
- Sleeveless or see through clothing
- Low cut shirts or shirts with the sides cut or ripped
- Loose fitting or baggy pants, pants must be at waist level
- Combat boots