VIRTUAL CDC WRITTEN EVENTS
LINK/URL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Advisors must submit all final events and materials by February 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon)
Prepared event presentations may be recorded any time prior to the submission due dates.
GUIDELINES FOR RECORDING YOUR PREPARED PRESENTATION
- All solutions must be recorded in ONE real-time presentation.
- NO editing or visual effects/transitions may be included.
- Individuals may choose to record from any device or through a virtual meeting platform.(Example platforms include: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, FlipGrid, Google Meet, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Teams of 2-3 competitors must record their solution using a virtual meeting platform with side-by-side screens of the students. (Note: Select Gallery View, not Speaker View, to ensure that all participants always stay visible.)
- The student(s) must ALWAYS be visible.
- All presentations must be within the 15-minute maximum allowed time limit
- Student(s) must be dressed in business professional attire for the presentation.
- DECA blazers are encouraged, but not required.
- Only the student(s) presenting and competing may be included in the presentation.
- A student/team may elect to utilize a PowerPoint or slide deck during their presentation. To achieve this, students may elect to share their screen during their presentation
- If this recording is conducted at home, it must be done in a gathering area such as a living room, dining room, or den. If the video is recorded in a bedroom or bathroom it may be immediately disqualified without notice/notification.
- It is important to consider your background. Make sure items are neat and presentable. Consider this your office, or the location setting suited for your event.
In order for members to be eligible to compete at State Conference they must submit a minimum of 70% of the maximum allowable pages. If they submit less than 70% please do not score the project.
- For 10 page events, students must submit a minimum of 7 pages
- For 20 page events, students must submit a minimum of 14 pages
YOUR PREPARED PRESENTATION
- Students will need to upload their video to either youtube.com or vimeo.com and set the settings to private/unlisted. Video links/URL from any other site will not be evaluated.
- Check with your chapter advisor for your link/URL submission deadlines
- Students will send their link/URL to the chapter advisor, who will then submit the link/URL for submission through the event submission site.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING
- Written projects may ONLY be submitted as a PDF
- Only ONE file may be uploaded
- If your project is created in multiple files (ex: Cover Page, Table of Contents, and body of the paper) then you can merge them all together
- Projects should NOT include any evaluation forms or a Statement of Assurances.
- You will sign the project electronically, and the evaluation form is built into the system.
- Projects can be no larger than 11.9 MB