Voting Delegate Information
Voting Delegate Allocation:
Each chartered DECA chapter shall not have more than two official votes, which shall be cast by
the voting delegates present. (NOTE: In the event only one delegate represents a chapter, only
one vote may be cast. When no delegates are present, the chapter forfeits the right to vote on
all matters presented during that meeting.)
Voting Delegate Responsibilities:
Voting Delegates play an important and vital role in the election of the State Executive Council.
Therefore, it is crucial that all voting delegates including Alternate Voting Delegates understand
and agree to fulfill the following responsibilities.
Specifically, voting delegates will…
- Read the SEC handbook thoroughly; ask questions as necessary, and abide by all
- Wear the appropriate Voting Delegate ribbon at all times
- Attend all campaign and election sessions and encourage others to attend:
o Campaign Rally
o Business Meeting
- Be seated promptly for all sessions at the designated time and place (alternates only if
- Be prepared with charged, electronic devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) with cellular
data access for electronic voting. Reliable wifi is not guaranteed.
Election/Voting Delegate Procedures:
Voting delegates will hear speeches at the Opening Session of CDC. Voting delegates must also
attend the Campaign Rally to meet and talk to the candidates.
Voting delegates will then attend a meeting exclusively for voting delegates. In this meeting,
votes will be cast for the State Executive Council electronically. Voting delegates must bring an
electronic device capable of connecting to the internet in order to cast votes.
Voting delegates will be required to have a voting delegate ID card to enter this meeting.